One of my best friends went out with this douchebag who told
her told her wanted to have an open relationship and then proceeded to ask her
if he could meet her friends. I
feel like you can get away of that shit if you are hot (which still isn’t
acceptable), but this dude couldn’t even get a cute from me.
Open relationships are great. I think that’s the way all couples should function. It’s the safest way to commit (does
that make sense). But frankly, if you are going to have an open relationship with me; you better know
that it won’t be with my friends (unless you have been deemed community
property which is another post I won’t go into tonight).
I could launch into a tirade about how this douche is pretty
low on the evolutionary ladder and how his dick is half the size of my
thumb. Instead, let’s talk about
porn. I’m not going to go into the
history of porn (which if you are really interested in, HBO provides a great
overview in their Real Sex series).
I think what most are wondering is whether it is appropriate or not.
The truth is that it is. Single, engaged, or married, watching someone else have a
sexual tryst is not just exciting; it’s kind of a societal taboo. Again, I could launch into how this is
bullshit, but we’re not talking about that.
I especially hate when females get angry because their
significant other or even some random dude watches porn. It’s a fucking hobby. It’s like getting angry for watching
some cheese TV show like Psych (which by the way is the best show ever). I know some of it has to do with
jealousy and insecurity, but most of it has to do with the societal taboo and
acts associated with watching it.
I know plenty of guys and girls who watch porn. Some watch it to get off, most just for
the mere allure of watching someone else get off. Others to get ideas.
A small percentage watch for the art of it. I watch for all.
Males who watch are not physically cheating on their mates,
nor are they emotionally cheating on them. It’s fiction and fun.
It’s natural sex (okay the stuff with the anal beads are a little
unnatural, but still). I want to
open this up to the females who have an innate, unfounded hatred of porn. What’s the big deal?
6 comments:
porn is like sports - why watch someone else having fun when I can do it myself? I'm a female and I don't care if my dude watches porn - but I do find it very useless..watching other ppl have sex doesn't get me off ...it just makes me annoyed that i'm not doing anything as pleasurable.
maybe i'm an anomaly though...b/c watching awards shows like the Oscars also makes me wonder why I never pursued acting.
anyways - i'd rather do than watch...on sports, porn, and apparently acting.
there's no big deal. i'd just rather do it than watch it; same goes for sports and the oscars. why watch someone else have fun, play basketball or win an award when I can get up (or lay down) and do it myself. I just don't understand the allure.
there's no big deal. i'd just rather do it than watch it; same goes for sports and the oscars. why watch someone else have fun, play basketball or win an award when I can get up (or lay down) and do it myself. I just don't understand the allure.
oh my bad - i just wrote 4 comments over and over again b/c i didn't realize you have to approve for me to see it. woops!
Interesting post. I think porn is often stigmatised for a lot of things; mostly negative.
When I was at work before studying, a few girls openely admitted to watching it, even those that you'd assume are totally innocent. Some guys admit it and openly advocate it (Going too far imo)
The perception of males and females that watch porn are different. Women are seen as randy/exciting. Men are seen as sleazy/horn dogs. It can also be seen as a 'weakness' or flaw for single guys (especially), but I don't - as most guys in a relationship watch it too!
I agree with the opinion that if it's not leading on to cheating (emotionally or physically) then it's not a problem. Some people (guys mainly) do have a sex addiction - which can lead on to other terrible things. I think porn can be destructive for people with this issue.
I watched one of the documentaries about porn and sex business. I think it was Seymour Butts company? Anyway, the owners had a completely normal and healthy family with a young boy, and it seemed to be fine for them.
Women that take offence need to understand why thier significant other watches porn firstly and then decide why they do it. Surely its better for men to watch porn and live out their fantasies instead of employing the services of a hooker or cheating on their partner?
The whole open relationship idea is something I understand - I couldn't be a part of it in any way, but I don't see it a problem IF they are honest about it all.
Trust is the most important principle for any relationship.
Many thanks,
iAmTongueNCheek
I agree with what you said & of course Psych is the best show ever! Whaaatt?
Post a Comment