Saturday, August 20

The Importance of Coming

Orgasms are evolutionarily evolved. So when someone tells me that they are overrated, I flip my shit. I mean, lets forget for a second that I have anger management issues. Male or female, who in their right mind would forgo the epic sensation that is the orgasm? Have you read my recent post how there is no point in having sex if you aren’t going to orgasm? It’s biologically and physically necessary.

So I posed this question to my increasingly sex hungry colleagues. Is an orgasm really necessary in a coital relationship? The response was overwhelming. Under no circumstance should a person deny himself or herself an orgasm. Now there are always the exceptions to the rule. Some people (a VERY small percentage) are not even physically capable of having an orgasm while others have never even experienced one.

That all being said while I’m not an advocate of having sex without an orgasm, I can understand the justification of someone faking an orgasm (and I’m not just talking about females here, males have also been known to fake an ejaculation). Faking an orgasm is actually one of the most primitive mate retention tactics. The evolutionary basis behind an orgasm is the mechanism it provides in propelling the sperm up to the uterine wall (both male and female orgasms are evolved in this method). A woman’s vagina contracts allowing fluids to flow into her uterus, while a male’s “squirting” ejaculation is meant to propel sperm to the uterus. Hand in hand, sperm to egg is such an easy task to overcome. Luckily for us, it is one of the most pleasurable experiences in life, if not the MOST pleasurable.

Going back to mate retention, it’s a female’s primal duty to ensure her mate doesn’t stray to some other random red-head broad down the street. To ensure he doesn’t inseminate another female and expend his resources elsewhere. However, if a woman isn’t achieving orgasm, it decreases her chances of procreating so she will go elsewhere to find a mate who will appropriately “squirt” into her. Conversely, if a male can’t get off, he’ll go elsewhere to find a more pleasurable mate (and honestly that female usually ends up being me).

This sexual incompatibility will result in mate retention problems (i.e. cheating, cuckoldry, etc). And all because of a measly orgasm. Not so overrated, don’t you think? So look, I get what she’s trying to say. She has a lot in common with this guy, they get along, he can provide for her and her prerogative, he holds her hand, yada yada yada, but the bottom line is if he can’t get her off, the relationship is doomed.

Furthermore, there is no reason to fake an orgasm. You fake it once, you’ll fake it for the rest of your time with your mate until you break up or cheat. Sex is the root of life. There is a biological basis behind the pleasure involved in the orgasm and if you can’t achieve it, there is really no point in the act itself. The orgasm isn’t by any means overrated. It’s a tool, a mechanism in the process of procreation.

I haven’t had the need (knock on wood) to EVER fake an orgasm. I have been blessed (and perhaps cursed) to be able to finish fast and often. That being said, I’m still single, and it goes to show you that sexual compatibility is just part of the bigger picture.

That was certainly a mouthful. Time to rub one out.

No comments: